Friday, April 13, 2018

From him to the book and back

“You can almost judge the importance of a discovery by the efforts made to suppress it.” William Burroughs

It is so interesting that with new people in your life you learn new things. You get exposed to new areas of possible interests. Challenging ideas give your mind stimulation. The  new philosophies help you expand your horizon and pair up that new person in a positive way.

This new person in my life has been introducing me with this author William Burroughs. He is obsessed with him and I feel he certainly would like me to be obsessed with the author too. But guess what I am getting obsessed with him and his ideas more than the author.

Last night I started off reading from where I left. It was different because two nights before I was reading to him and we were discussing our thoughts which was really stimulating. I enjoyed the disagreements more because it gave my brain some work to do.

It was really stimulating last night to read the book of Burrough’s on my own. I missed the companion who would explain me what was going on, and what actually was meant. However, he asked me to take out quotes from the book when I am reading by myself, so we could discuss later. During the time I was reading on my own I missed him. I missed discussing with him.

Anyways, the quote  last night that intrugued me was ”judge the importance of a discovery by the efforts made to suppress it”. It is interesting because what Burrough’s was saying a few years back was becoming a fact. Because the more we are suppressing and controlling human mind  towards a particular act or thing, it is becoming more important to a point where individuals have started to overthink and act upon it.

Well, I can’t wait to discuss this with him. I am sure he will have something about it to say or may be not. 😂😂😂😉😉😊

No comments:

Post a Comment